The Oval Office is looking for a Business Controller
The Oval Office is a creative live-communication agency currently active in Belgium, the Netherlands, and France, with the ambition to expand in the short term to Germany and Spain. We distinguish ourselves by using the power of empathy to connect people and brands. With a team of passionate professionals, The Oval Office creates impactful campaigns and events that resonate with the target audience and drive action. Whether it's a corporate event, product launch, or marketing campaign, The Oval Office guarantees creative and effective solutions that create lasting memories.
What do you do as Business Controller within The Oval Office Europe?
Acting as the right hand of the CFO, and working at Group level, you are responsible for the quality of the financial information, the timely reporting of figures, the use of optimal financial tools to support the international growth ambition and the constant optimization of the financial processes (closing, reporting, budget,...)
You build strong relationships with the local finance teams, the auditors and the local accountants.
- Monthly analysis of the operational performance of the different countries
- Provide ad hoc reporting to the leadership teams
- Propose pro-actively action plan to improve profitability
- Support local finance teams when needed
- Lead the financial integration of new countries
- Budget and forecast
- Cash flow management
- Year-end financial closing
- Financial consolidation
- Contact person for the auditors in the different countries
- Compliance with the of accounting & tax legislations
- Develop ESG reporting
Who are you professionally?
- A master’s degree in business administration / economics or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role (Audit or controlling)
- You enjoy working with numbers, understanding and telling a story from them.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to form strong relationships.
- Encouraged to work with a digitised/automated mindset.
- Proficient with IT & financial software
- Outstanding level of professionalism, including the ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, and diplomacy when required.
- Fluent in English plus Dutch and/or French. German or Spanish is a plus
- Ready to travel on ad-hoc basis
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
Who are you personally?
- Love to work in an international environment
- Fitting with our JOGAE values (Joie de vivre, Ondenemend, Grundlich, Agile, Empatia)
- But mostly, you do you. No matter where you come from, what you believe, and what you look like. Our different views, backgrounds, and personalities make us better understand our customers and spark more and better ideas.
What is our Offer?
As a Business Controller, you will have a challenging and decisive role in an organisation that is rapidly developing. Additionally, you will benefit from excellent employment conditions.
Solliciteer voor deze functie
- You will receive the necessary trust, responsibility, and freedom.
- Our central office is in Antwerp, Belgium, but you can work in a full flex environment
- A competitive package.
- A human and proud company culture that likes to have fun, very regularly.
- Time and space to develop yourself and take initiative.
- The best of all worlds, as we’re local and international. So you work with your own colleagues closely but also approx 100 colleagues in 3 countries to learn, share and party together with.